Friday, July 29, 2011

Inexpensive Treasures

I was browsing a resale shop today which is something I absolutely LOVE to do. I'm moving to a new place in two days and I was in search of a few last minute items for my new place. One of the things that I love about resale shops is that you can find some really great items, items that tell such a wonderful story, for such a reasonable price. I was able to purchase these ten plates (5 dinner plates and 5 saucers) for only $1.00.

I have to admit; I was totally in love with them before I saw the price tag.
Originally, these plates added up to five dollars. The very sweet lady at the checkout counter gave them to me for one dollar. I love her.
I fell in love with the pattern on these plates. I fell in love with the ideas and the future of these plates.
My plans for these plates were entirely selfish.
If you haven't already caught on, I have a deep love for kitchen items.
I have decided to give these away as a belated birthday gift. They are already packaged up and ready to go. As I said before, my original intentions for these plates were purely selfish, but I think my friend would be thrilled to take ownership of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment