Monday, August 8, 2011

Fruit Salad

This post is mainly to show off the nice camera on my new phone. This salad was very light and didn't make me feel weighed down like those cake batter cinnamon rolls did the other day. I used the 'vintage' setting on my camera to give the pictures that nice...vintage look. I think it's a nice change.





With this salad I used fresh strawberries, blueberries, white peaches, and rainier cherries. I'll probably use bing cherries next time instead of rainier. These rainier were just not as sweet as the bing. 

As I'm writing this post the bowl is empty beside me. The peaches were probably my favorite part. Next time I'll also probably add half of a banana. I've heard it's good to eat bananas earlier in your day since it has a lot of natural sugar and sets up your metabolism for the rest of the day. I'd imagine this would be lovely with a little bit of turbinado sugar sprinkled on top or a small dollop of cool whip. I decided to keep it simple and skip all of that fancy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment