Monday, July 11, 2011

Honey Cilantro Dressing


I've never really been a huge fan of salad dressings. Probably because I've never been a huge fan of salads until recently. The bottles of salad dressing you get at the store are just pumped up with a bunch of ridiculous ingredients, such as sugar and salt. Why do I want sugar and salt in my salad dressing? Okay, some homemade salad dressings do call for sugar and salt, but I want to be in control of how much goes in my dressing.

This is my new love. Homemade salad dressings. They even make me have a deep love for salad. Sometimes.

This salad dressing is filled with great things. Things that make my taste buds do crazy things because they are so delighted to be covered in this nice salad dressing. I think I've shared too much.



It doesn't look that attractive, does it? Well, I promise what it lacks in apperance it makes up for in taste. That's what really counts.

*Note: I probably should have chopped the basil and cilantro a little bit more than I did. I'll probably pulse it once or twice in the food processor next time for a better outcome.
Honey Cilantro Dressing
Recipe from Guilty Kitchen

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar
juice of one lime
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Honey
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (loosely packed)
1/4 cup chopped basil (loosely packed)
salt and white pepper to taste

Combine vinegars, lime juice, mustard, and honey together.
Slowly add olive oil to vinegar mixture while whisking vigorously.
Add chopped basil and cilantro. Stir to combine.
Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least an hour to allow everything to soak together.

(I imagine all could be well combined in a food processor and turn out just as great.)

**Goes great with:
Avocado, cucumber, tomato, and feta salad
Recipe also from Guilty Kitchen

1 avocado, peeled and cubed
1 cucumber, cubed
2 tomatoes, diced
feta cheese, crumbled

Add cubed cucumber, avocado, and tomatoes in a bowl. Toss gently with feta cheese.
Add dressing and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment