Friday, June 24, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream

I know it's not fall, but I love foods containing pumpkin during every season. I also love ice cream during every season.
So why not have pumpkin ice cream in the summer? I couldn't find a reason why not to have it, either.



I think this would go great with a nice cup of coffee.
Everything goes great with a nice cup of coffee.


Pumpkin Ice Cream
Recipe from Food.com.







  • 1 (15 ounce) can solid-packed pumpkin



  • 1 cup cream



  • 2/3 cup half and half



  • 2/3 cup sugar (I used Splenda)



  • 1 teaspoon vanilla



  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon



  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger



  • 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg



  • 1/8 teaspoon ground gloves




  • Directions:


    1. Whisk together ingredients until smooth.
    2. Place mixture into an electric ice cream maker and operate machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
    3. Transfer ice cream to container and store in freezer.

    **I read some people had problems with the ice cream being too hard so I would set the ice cream out of the freezer about a half hour before serving.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment