Thursday, June 23, 2011

Apple and Onion Omelet with Brie


I love the sweet/salty taste of this omelet. It's definitely my go-to omelet if I'm in a rush. I also added a splash of almond milk to my egg mixture to fluff up the eggs a little bit. The brie only takes seconds to melt on the omelet, just long enough to fix yourself a glass of water or a cup of coffee.


1/4 apple
1/4 vidalia onion
2 eggs
splash of almond milk (optional)
a few small chunks of brie

Caramelize the apples and onions in skillet or omelet pan until they start to brown, about five minutes.
Whisk two eggs with a splash of milk and pour over apple and onions.
Let sit about a minute or two then flip once.
Cut a small sliver of brie in a few chunks and put in fold and on top of omelet.
Serve. Makes 1 serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment