Friday, June 24, 2011

Cucumber Avocado Salad


I had an avocado going bad in the fridge and some fresh cucumber from Paul's garden that I wanted to find some way to make a delicious salad with. This recipe was very simple and I found all of the ingredients right in my fridge. I liked the lemon-lime salad dressing because it didn't come from a bottle with any added sugar like most bottled salad dressings.

Okay, I have to admit, I wasn't in love with this recipe. I guess you have to really love avocado and cucumbers to love this recipe, which Mom does. She probably could have eaten the entire bowl of this stuff.  Which is the main reason why I am adding this recipe to this blog. I wish I had liked it more, and I will definitely make it again and eat some because I should like this more.

Did you know avocado's lower bad (LDL) cholesterol and raise good (HDL) cholesterol?
I didn't until yesterday. But this is just another reason to eat more avocados.
I have two more in the fridge that I'll need to eat soon anyway.

This recipe came from Simple Recipes.
You could always skip the lemon and lime step and add your own salad dressing.

Tangy Cucumber and Avocado Salad


  • 2 medium cucumbers, cubed

  • 2 avocados, cubed

  • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 2 tablespoons minced green onions (optional)

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • black pepper to taste

  • 1/4 large lemon

  • 1 lime


  • Directions:

    In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, avocados, and cilantro.
    Stir in garlic, onions, salt, and pepper.
    Squeeze lemon and lime over the top, and toss.
    Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment