Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dutch Baby Pancake

These were a lot like my German Pancakes I made the other morning but a little less fluffy. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart and I found many other pancake recipes I want to try very soon. I used to like a lot of syrup on my pancakes, but now I've found like I love them plain or with fruit. I also was a little bit distracted from the snake in my house when this came out of the oven, so it had cooled off a little when I finally got around to eating it. It was good cold, but I will definitely eat it straight out of the oven next time like the recipe suggests.  


Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 20 min. Yields 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (I skipped this)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup whole milk (I used Almond Milk)
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice ( I skipped this too)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; set aside.
  2. In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar. Blend until foamy, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet; bake until pancake is puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
  3. Working quickly, dot pancake with 1 tablespoon butter, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice. Slice into wedges, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment